Expiration Date: Dec 31, 2021
Credits: None available.
Exploration of real-world scenarios is critical for dissecting the challenges of implementing cellular therapies in various settings and business models. Developed in partnership with Be The Match BioTherapies, this interactive workshop will explore the perspectives of hospitals, blood centers and small startup companies in both centralized and de-centralized manufacturing models. New cellular-based products, including exosomes, CAR T cellular therapies and treatments using circulating tumor cells will be explored in a highly interactive format. Audience response technology will be incorporated with discussion groups to enhance the collaborative learning environment.
- Evaluate (interpret) complex business models and interdependencies of cellular therapies manufacturing from donor selection to logistics and the technical aspects of product manufacturing.
- Apply their expertise and experience to solving challenges in product implementation including the development of collaborative business models with both partners and competitors.
- Discuss potential applications of new cellular -based products such as exosomes, circulating tumor cells and recognize potential new immunotherapeutic treatments in cancer biology and drug response.
Please note: Joseph Fraietta, PhD and Mohamad Hamieh did not consent to be recorded; therefore, the on-demand presentation and handout have been modified accordingly.
- John Armitage, Oklahoma Blood Institute
- Wanxing Cui, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Mark Flower
- Magali J. Fontaine, MD, PhD, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Patrick Hanley, PhD, Children's National Health System
- Amy Hines, BSN, RN
- Hanh Khuu, MD, NIH CT Lab
- Christie Malone, MT(ASCP)SBB
- Joseph McGuirk, DO, University of Kansas Medical Center
- John McMannis, PhD, Mesoblast, Inc
- Dr. Andrew D. Rhim, MD, UT-MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Timothy Sheehy
- Ms. Olive J. Sturtevant, MHP, MT(ASCP)SBB,SLS, CQA(ASQ), Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Dr. Robert Tressler, PhD, MS, Vice President of Laboratories, San Diego Blood Bank
- Dr. Lee Ann Weitekamp, MD, Versiti Michigan, Inc