1      0

AM21-40: Challenging Antibody Identifications in the Immunology Reference Laboratory

‐ Oct 19, 2021 11:15am

Expiration Date: Dec 31, 2023

Credits: None available.

Red cell antibody identification in 95% of cases referred to Immunohematology Reference Lab is straight forward, being single, multiple, or autoantibodies. But for the remaining 5%, antibody identification is challenging, requiring the most experienced and educated minds, and the best resources for multiple serologic and molecular techniques. In these cases, resolution also means knowledge of most appropriate blood for transfusion. Complex immunohematology cases may involve unknown high prevalence antibodies, complex transfusion and transplant histories and the presence of RHD and RHCE antigen variants.
We will utilize chat boxes by pausing during critical parts to query the audience on what the next steps may be in the case.

This will be presented by recognized experts in this discipline. This event will actively engage the participants to test their skills and knowledge and will result in skill development in resolving highly complex antibody identification cases.

To view Spanish or English subtitles, click the "CC" box in the video player.
Para ver subtítulos en español o inglés, haga clic en el cuadro "CC" en el reproductor de video.

Learning Objectives:

  • Illustrate the process for test selection to effectively solve complex immunohematology cases
  • Describe detailed differentials for the choices of test approaches and resources
  • Utilize access to and interaction with serologic experts in the field




  • Paul Mansfield, MLS(ASCP)SBB:
    Nothing to Disclose
  • Janis Hamilton, MS, MLS(ASCP)SBB:
    Nothing to Disclose
  • Thierry Peyrard, PharmD, PhD, EurSpLM:
    Nothing to Disclose

All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated. By completing the evaluation, you are attesting to watching the presentation in its entirety. A certificate will be immediately provided after submission.

Credits Available

AM21-40: Challenging Antibody Identifications in the Immunology Reference Laboratory Evaluation